Friday, July 20, 2007

More than 10% of Texans are wanted by the police

Here is a link to the article: Here is a link to the first article http://www.shapleigh.org/news/1357-from-the-senator-s-desk

I think we've all been pulled over by a police officer for going a measly 5 miles over the speed limit, and given a nice hefty ticket. Just last week this happened to me when traveling to Houston on Hwy 71 East in Cedar Park. Before being pulled over, I had noticed about twenty other drivers pulled over being issued tickets. I guess it was just that time of the month to meet quotas.

To be honest, I was tempted to just take the ticket and tear it up. I don't care what Cedar Park does, hell, I rarely even drive through it. Hence, the reason why 11% of Austin drivers are currently wanted. It's because of these dumb tickets that are issued, and drivers just don't care enough. I think this is an important article for us students to read, because as youth we are most targeted by the police.

1 comment:

Kris S. Seago said...

Good start. Make sure the links to your articles are active ("clickable") and visually, it's better to embed them such that they appear similar to this:
From the Senator's Desk.